Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Mini Review-Emotiva XPA DR1-3.6R's

Just A quick review after listening to these amps after letting them play for 48 hours straight, they are connected using the balance outs from my preamp. When I first connected the amps I turned everything on and listened for about 20 minutes mainly to make sure they didn't blow up. Before I went to bed I took another listen and to also make sure that it would be ok to let them play through the night, they weren't warm at all so I left them on. But I was noticing some really good dynamics that I hadn't noticed before unless I turned the volume up and a bass increase, off to bed I went. When I got home from work the next day it sounded like the volume had been turned up a notch or two,I asked my wife if she turned the volume up and she said you know I don't go down there unless you're down there-Mancave-so I checked it out for myself, volume knob was in the same position I left it. There was Bass and Dynamics that I Never heard before at this volume level! So I put on some Herbie Hancock Gershwin's World and turned it up to normal listening level and wow I was hearing details and and separation within the soundstage that I didn't hear before. So far so good, than I went to unplug my subs in order to hear the bass of the panels themselves...they were never plugged in,when I was moving wires to use Mono's I must of unplugged them. I wasn't ready for the kind of and level of bass I was hearing totally shocked me. I've read reviews of people talking about Maggies play bass and just said Ok Yeah Good Bass For A Maggie,Now I can tell those people were right! The sound has smoothed out Good soundstage, so far so good. Definitely happy with my purchase. I will probably only use the subs for certain music now since I have Real Maggie Bass Now.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Mini Review-Emotiva XPA DR1-3.6R's - skypop 08:18:18 04/28/21 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.