Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Amps for Magnepan speakers

high voltage overreaction imo. you just showed a pic and made a dashed off comment. But in every thread, someone has to pop their head up so the sniper can say you started it. The internet is not a good place to raise kids in.

Those some mighty stuff. I am PROUDLY running my LRS's with my old favorite Audiolab 8000a, still putting out that moderate volume level to beat the band.

I just in that kind of place these days.

I have a VK-500 for when I get the urge to feel like the captain of a nuclear submarine again. But these *are* LRS's, and I have a Martin Logan Depth handling any organ pedals. The LRS alone does a respectable kickdrum. But my volume levels are almost always modest.

Speaking of Modest, I listened to Richter's famous Sophia performance of "Pictures of an Exhibition" for the first time last night. It's a midhall live recording, and my preference is for midhall. The maggies and the audiolab held up their end of the bargain. World shattering performance.

Enjoy

/ optimally proportioned triangles are our friends

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Amps for Magnepan speakers - farfetched 14:25:39 04/03/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.