Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Affixing supplied 2 ohm resistor to DWM panels; how exactly?

My resistors just barely fit. I may have even had to bend them a bit. After market ones worked better. Experiment with resistor values to get more or less bass.

You only need to add the resistor to the side that is connected to the amp (for those without DWMs, each panel has the ability to be wired to for one channel or two). If you only have one DWM, then I am not positive, but I would assume you put a resistor on each side and hook both channels up.

I always ran a separate set of speaker cables from my amp. For amps with two sets of outputs, I used the separate set. For amps with only one set of speaker outs, I just doubled up the speaker wire on the output terminals.

For the record, here are my recommendations in my home for setting up two DWMs:
1) Stagger the left and right DWM. Do not assume they sound best equidistant from the listening position. In general, I find it is best to have one about ten inches behind the midrange panel on one speaker,, and the other about ten inches ahead. You can tune Maggie bass to be ruler flat (or not) based upon moving one or both closer or further.
2). For best results, use a separate amp to drive the DWMs. A powerful amp CAN drive the mains and the woofer panels, but I get much, much better impact and results with multiple amps. You may need to adjust the resistors if gain differs between the amps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.