Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Interesting that Amir's "subjective" listening test went as badly as his "objective" measuring test.

But even I know (as a former Maggie owner) that all, or at least most, big dipoles can be difficult to set up properly.

If you want to hear their best performance, you might not be able to simply plop your Maggies down in the same spot in the room where your old monopole speakers thrived and expect good sound. It might take only minutes to find setup success with a pair of Maggies...

BUT ( < notice the big "BUT" ), it might also take hours (or even days) before one finds the exact spot in the room where Maggies sound their best. One needs to be willing to invest the time needed, if need be...

But I suspect that Amir never bothered with the (sometimes) painstaking process of Maggie setup before he pronounced his bitter judgement against them. If he would not or could not be bothered, then he probably deserves to remain ignorant.

Edits: 03/26/21 03/26/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.