Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Speaker measurements

As most of the regular here know, I sold my 3.7i because of a downsize to a condo. My listening room, which was close to audio nirvana went from about 20x23 to 12x17. In any case, I have been using an old pair of Insignia speakers from Best Buy that I got for under $50. The speakers are sitting on the floor and the room treatments are gone. Same electronics and Rel Strata III. I am surviving ok but guess what - it ain't the same. In case anyone is wondering, I am debating whether to go with LRS vs 0.7 but that's another story.
So to the point. With the recent discussions of measuring Maggies, I decided to take a look at my setup. To my surprise the FS were quite nice. The sub LP was set to 78 Hz (2nd order) and the mains run full range.

The point being measurements are just data and by themselves are not very useful. It is the interpretation of the data that matters. Despite the nice curves, there is no way in hell that the current system sounds like the 3.7i.

"Our head is round in order to allow our thoughts to change direction." Francis Picabia

Edits: 03/25/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Speaker measurements - neolith 14:09:30 03/25/21 (17)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.