Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Help with Beveridge direct-drive amplifier oscillation

I have enjoyed a pair of 2SWs for about 5-6 years now. However, my pleasure is occasionally interrupted by prolonged periods of pain, as the direct-drive amplifiers unique to the Model 2 and 2SW are very prone to oscillate. A few years before he passed away, I had a phone conversation with Richard Modjeski (aka RAM) in which he talked about modifying the amplifiers in ways that he said made them much more stable. Unfortunately, I hesitated, and we lost RAM a few years ago. With him all knowledge of his modifications to the amplifier also seems to have vanished. Unless anyone here knows anything at all about it. I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has any knowledge of RAM's Beveridge amplifier mods. Failing that, I would like to find a skilled person who understands the pitfalls of these amplifiers and has some experience and willingness to work on them. Thanks very much for any relevant information.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Help with Beveridge direct-drive amplifier oscillation - Lew 13:33:47 03/21/21 (14)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.