Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Crossover freq for RD75's

Thank you @josh358. Very helpful!

Initially I will be using a DBX Venu360 which can do a LR48. I will use that for a while to try some different things and hopefully get close to a good setting by the time I build my Pass DIY biamp 6-24 which has 6 to 24 dB slopes.

It is my plan to cut the tweeters into the wings and upgrade and tune the high pass to the tweeter. My friend in Dayton with a woodworking shop has just moved so it might be a month or so before he is set up to make some sawdust.

I am using the Magnepan external crossover now. It is a little strong in the lower mid\upper mid base range.

One of the mids buzzes. All four base panels are fine.

I am a purist. LOL I really like the Tympani bass. Fortunately I have a large enough listening room to let them run. When I was looking for a house I told the Realtor I had three things that were important. A large enough room for the Maggies, a two car garage and indoor plumbing. He thought I was nuts. I probably am. LOL

I need to put my measuring rig together and start doing some analysis. I am sure the system will benefit from some tuning. Did you make those diffusers?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.