Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Does my room rule out Magnepans?

"Are you thinking the Magnepans are likely to be significantly more impacted by these limitations than a box speaker?"

Actually........ no. You will never hear their full potential with that set-up, but they still will have certain virtues that no box speaker can match(for that price).

If you are prepared to slide the Maggies 3-4 feet out + wider apart for serious listening you would make a big step forward. Compared to box designs Maggies are very easy to move back + forward. That would leave you with the couch, if you must sit against the back wall you will experience baas reinforcement, which in some cases can work in your advantage. My calculated guess is that 1.7's will be (too) bass heavy.

On the other hand, LRS's or .7's might just benefit from that reinforcement as they have less bass energy than 1.7's. I could imagine that a pair of raised LRS's pulled out 4-6 feet combined with back wall bass reinforcement might work quite nicely, but as I always say, you should insist on a home trial before you purchase anything!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.