Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Does my room rule out Magnepans?

I have an old pair of Apogee Centaur Minors (hybrid ribbon and drnamic). The ribbon on one is partially torn, so I need to replace them. They were purchased long before the house they are currently in, so the current listening room is not an ideal setup for the, It seems like a pair of Magnepan .7 or 1.7 speakers may be a good replacement BUT, I question whether I should rule them out based on the very limited options that I will have with placement. The room is 23' X 12'4" and I have attached a diagram. The speakers will be about 6' apart, and about 18" from the front wall.

In your opinion, does this rule them out? If not, does it suggest one vs the other (ie. .7 or even LRS a better option than 1.7).

I have some time to check out some options in store, and do some listening later this week. If Maggies definitely need 3+ feet from the rear wall, or will not work in this layout for other reasons, I don't want to waste time listening to them and potentially falling in love with something that won't work for my current situation.

Thank you for your input.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Does my room rule out Magnepans? - HRSpear 11:08:00 01/25/21 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.