Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: LRS vs MMG

I owned both at the same time although my MMGs were heavily modified (google Magnestand).

I can say the LRS are lighter, crisper and a tad bit easier on amp selection than the traditional MMGs (but not by much). I think they would respond better with Class D amps than an MMG.

The MMG (at least mine) has far better (even superior bass) -if pushed properly.

My intent when I bought the LRS was simply to see what all the hoopla was about. When I went to audition them at my local dealer I bought them on the spot. They were being pushed by a pair of 100 watt (tube) amps and simply blew me away.

They're extremely listenable, quick (almost stat speed) and less temperamental than the quasi-ribbon line IMO, meaning they adjust well with whatever you to choose to throw at them. Obviously the better the equipment, the better the outcome, however I'm sure with the surge in popularity they brought, I can see college kids running theirs with receivers and turntables. In fact the kid I sold mine to was in his early 20s but he said he's got a Parasound amp at home he was using to push LS50's.

Edits: 11/27/20 11/27/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.