Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: All of that *

Ok, I can understand curiosity and survey, but as a reference there's not much value in the reply's, too many variables come into play.

Termination is a different story though, in every situation "bare wire" is the ultimate option. In the old days, big chunky gold plated plugs were the fashion, then came the low mass hollow plugs followed by nylon body's with a minimum of high quality metal as a conductor. Of course, for marketing reasons cable manufacturers still put "pretty" plugs on their cable ends, bare wire ends are not exactly"eye candy".

There is a certain cable manufacturer, who is light years ahead of everyone in the audio cable business, that will only supply their speaker cable with bare ends, but they have taken every aspect of cable construction to a completely different level.

The big problem with bare wires is oxidation, copper oxidizes rapidly causing loss of conductivity, so you can't just cut off the connectors and shove them in you're speakers and think you're done, but there are methods to prevent this.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.