Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: VTV Amplifier - Hypex and Purifi Amps

Just got the VTV NC1200 last night to test with my 3.7s. I need to get some different terminations to make sure I can hook up the 3.7s and DWMs nicely so I have stressed tested the amp with a 2 ohm load. Sound wise with just the 3.7s I would say it is a very impressive sounding amplifier. On first impression it makes my Mark Levinson seem dark, less dynamic, and having a strong midrange. The Ncore sounds dynamic, controlled, detailed, and what seems at times to be a little sharp. Not quite sure what it is just yet I need the amp to break in more and listen a bit more to understand what I am hearing. All of this is with the stock op-amps so the sound can only improve from here.

I know there area threads on issue VTV build quality out there. Honestly I am not seeing anything that makes me question the quality at all. The chassis is very nice. The plugs are firmly in place. There are some things that could make it next level audiophile level like more esoteric binding posts, but that isn't a build quality. At the price this amp is a steal and based on initial listening I would say this amp can match anything sub 3-5k.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: VTV Amplifier - Hypex and Purifi Amps - Accurus 09:39:30 10/07/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.