Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Magnepan .7s Damaged By Cats

is the copper tape adhesive backed? did you cut small strips / patches and stick 'em down? I'd guess you are NOT making contact at the break.
Any big heat will damage the mylar.
I'd find a break and GENTLY touch ohm meter probes on either side. Make sure the speaker is disconnected / no cables TO the speaker.
You should have essentially 'infinite' ohms across the gap.

As a fix? CONDUCTIVE Epoxy, of the kind used for BONDING semiconductors to a conductive substrate.
Across small distances, this should stick well and not crack or break. find 1/2 mil copper foil without adhesive back. Make patches about 3/4 the width of the foil and 2mm lon....maybe smaller, I'd have to LOOK.

Cats? ONCE they think it's ok, you're screwed. My cats IGNORED my panels for a long time. Not even a single hook in the sock. I won't give input on how to dissuade them. Difficult, maybe, but not impossible. Something like rattling foil scares the shit out of 'em....My mean one, Renfield responded well to a squirt bottle of water with a FEW drops of Amonia.....
More ways, but you get the idea.
I wish you luck......but am overall not optimistic. You may end up closing the room.....
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Magnepan .7s Damaged By Cats - pictureguy 23:07:55 09/18/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.