In Reply to: RE: Purifi Based Amps posted by MarcL on September 11, 2020 at 07:02:07:
All of the boutique opamp input buffer versions that ASR has measured to date have measured less clean than Purifi's EVAL1 input buffer.
The EVAL1 measures 3dB better without pre-gain than with pre-gain so if any improvements are to be had, would be have pregain without the 3dB loss in SINAD. So far, I haven't seen anyone achieve that.
These boutique opamps appear to be expensive tone controls (which can be done elsewhere).
VTV just posted a tube based input buffer version for a significant price increase (+ $1,250). I understand they are a tube company, but don't see the value add other than marketing.
The only possible "value add" that I have seen is a micro-controller version from Vera Audio that allows bridging of both the NC500 and Purifi modules but they aren't cheap.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Purifi Based Amps - Joe Mags 16:16:22 09/03/20 (9)
- Latest Purifi EVAL1 docs - emailtim 00:06:09 09/12/20 (0)
- RE: Purifi Based Amps - emailtim 19:59:58 09/09/20 (7)
- RE: Purifi Based Amps - Joe Mags 16:50:21 09/10/20 (6)
- RE: Purifi Based Amps - emailtim 17:58:39 09/10/20 (5)Follow Ups
- RE: Purifi Based Amps - emailtim 08:52:00 09/11/20 (1)
- RE: Purifi Based Amps - MarcL 08:55:35 09/11/20 (0)