Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Thoughts on Sanders Magtech

I have owned a Magtech amp for approximately 15 months and use it to power my Magnepan 1.7i speakers.

My experience has been very positive. It has no problems driving the speakers and remains cool to the touch unless I really turn up the volume.

I purchased my Magtech used on eBay and sent it to Sanders Sound Systems to have it evaluated and upgraded to current specifications. The people at Sanders were great to work with and they did the upgrade in two days time. The cost of the upgrade was very reasonable.

They even gave me a lifetime warranty on the amp now that it is upgraded to current specs.

I have not owned many amplifiers, so I can't provide much in the way of comparison. I initially had a Mcintosh MC2250 and that amp would not drive the magnepans sufficiently.

After doing some research, I narrowed down my choices for a new amp to Magtech, Bryston or Parasound amps with at least 500 watts into 4 ohms. Luckily the Magtech came up for sale quickly. I don't see them too often on eBay, but there was one last week that was snapped up in less than 4 hours.

The Sanders Sound System website has a number of excellent white paper reports and links to reviews of their products that you may find interesting.

Edits: 09/07/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.