Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Acoustats

Hello to all. I am a huge fan of Acoustats. Since 1986 I have owned 3 pair of 2+2's, 3 pair of 1+1's, model 3's, 4400's, 66's, and Model 6's. I have had numerous upgrades to the interfaces and bought a TNT120 and TNT200 that were upgraded by Roy E. as well. I also am using Jeff Rowland model 6 monoblocks and a JR model 2 and a pair of VTL Deluxe 225 tube monoblocks using Yugoslavian KT90 tubes which sound incredible. I still have model 6's, 1+1's, 2 pair of 2+2's. The model 3's are upstairs in my living room. I know there are supposedly better Electrostatics out there today but none of them have the reliability of the Acoustats. At one point when I was acquiring as many models as I could find I had 16 panels per channel that could play at the same time, the sound had a density and soundstage width and depth that you had to hear to believe. I also want to say I have made some great acquaintances and friends since owning and corresponding with many people on the various forums that feel as strongly about these wonderful speakers as I do. Some pictures I wanted to share. Anyone in the Washington DC or Baltimore area or has business that brings them close to Hagerstown, Md. is more than welcome to come and take a listen. Lots of fun

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Acoustats - blgtrio 17:50:37 08/30/20 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.