Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Acoustats

I just purchased a pair of Spectra 33's. Waiting for my TNT200 to come from CA so that I can send it to Roy Esposito for a rebuild. These are my first electostats, been a Maggie person for over 20 years. A friend of mine once had a set of Spectra 11's, the imaging was great, but that sub in the box was just awful, but I did like the imaging. I wanted to try something different, so when I saw a set on Audiogon, I had to get them, I'm curious how the optional Acoustat sub that came with these speakers sound like. There is an Interface, (MK2123) that passes a signal to the sub, which switches at 100hz...These panels are wider than my 3.6 Maggies but 6 inches shorter. My Maggies never needed a sub, all the Bass I could ever want being pushed by Classe CAM350's. With that being said, I'm on the lookout for another Acoustat TNT200 Amp, I want to have them setup as monoblocks. If anyone has a lead on an amp, I looking for one...

These are the speakers I just purchased. The picture is from the PO and are not representative of being in my home. I've not had time to set them up. The electronics are also from the PO which I did not purchase.

Edits: 08/30/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Acoustats - gumbedamit 18:47:24 08/28/20 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.