Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Long term fan

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the speaker and it's rich history. I read many reviews by JWC over the years. His insight and methodology as a reviewer were very helpful in determining the character of a unit. The X with it's servo tube amp is the one which captivated me initially. I was living in southern Oregon at the time and selling hifi gear for a competing shop when I happened across them. Being a student at that time, I wasn't in a position to buy them, however, the aural memory of that experience stuck with me. More recently, a good friend of mine had acquired five (5!) pairs of Acoustats, from which I purchased my 1+1's. He prefers to drive his units with an ARC tube preamp and a Berning 2100 hybrid amp and it produces very satisfying music. I would have liked to meet Dr. Strickland and the others at Acoustat just to say 'Thank You' for designing and manufacturing such amazing and reasonably priced products.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.