Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Good points even if the goal is unclear.

Okay, I guess I do have a goal here, it's just that I won't be acting on it until I feel confident my job will still be here after this virus has run it's course. I have Magnepan 1.7is that are in a room that a lot of people would say is way to small. It's 10x13 but I've treated it with absorption and bass traps. Before the bass traps this wouldn't support bass lower than 80 Hz, maybe higher. It was a very satisfying experience, building the traps with Rockwool and 1x4s, installing them and hearing the results. The 1.7s actually have a bump up at 40hz instead of rolling off above that. I'm driving them with an Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 which is plenty of power, especially in this room. I would like to get amplification that's more refined and I have my eye on a couple of Vincent Audio products which are tube hybrids. Their SP332 which is a stereo amp that's 150W into 8ohms and 250 in to 4. So it produces less power but has 80,000uf of capacitance. The other option I'm looking at is their SP T700 mono blocks that are 150 into 8 and 300 into 4. I can't find any info on how much capacitance those have. I saw a review on Amazon by a guy who has 3.7s who went from the same Emotiva I have, to the Vincent SP332 and claims it drives them with no problems and he likes the sound he's getting from it more than the Emotiva. So there you have it.
LineSource

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.