Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: It's much better with 2

yes, it is strange how subs can integrate well or not, and there's little to make it simple and inexpensive. I did my room by ear but it took about a year to dial it in, including crossovers passive (and active for the middle of the room dead spot)

The dead spot was driving me to drink, so I ordered a powered sub there. I've been very happy with no regrets so far. This is what I ended up with:

2 Morel 9" woofers with Quads sitting on top of slim/deep cabinet on its side about 11"h, aligned by ear 1" or so.

2 University 15" corner subs, rear loaded into cab (these are the old dual VC C15w's with 6 lb. Alnico magnet - total structure is more). The cone is very light yet rigid; surround replaced with foam and Fr 24hz.

1 12"powered sub, BIC w/ built in amp and crossover settings, a parts express special.

They all integrate very well but you can't tell what's going on until you put your ear close to any of the subs. I'm not a bass freak, I like to hear and feel the 1st 2 octaves. Pipe organ is a gas and I'm lucky my wife plays bass guitar.

Cheers!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.