Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

okay, I should clarify

I don't imagine many of the members here to listen to the music to which I listen the most - my favorite album from this year (so far) has to be Myrkur's 'Folkesange'. Below is a link to the first track off that album - been waiting years for Amalie to release a complete album like this (rather than the metal stuff with the occasional track like this).

That was in the house where the kind of bass I get in the room over the garage would cause complaints. The bass was, however, quite surprising for Magnepans - substantial by comparison to what they produce in the big room. I have run as many as seven subs in the big room, but I currently only have three, although since I added the Bryston 10B crossover to the stripped down (now expanding ;-) system so that I could get the tactile device in my chair operating again (used judiciously, it's as useful for music as it is for HT), I may add a couple subs to the back of the room.

Maggies are terrific speakers, but they're not that productive at the grunt work. In that small bedroom, however, the 3.7s did flesh out frequencies I hadn't heard from them in the big room, but I still wouldn't call it palpable - shocking in comparison to what I thought they could produce and satisfactory for the environment.

Edits: 08/07/20 08/07/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • okay, I should clarify - wazoo 09:50:45 08/07/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.