Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Speaker Cables

At what price range?? every price range! It can be night + day, it can be subtle, there are just so many factors involved, but I always hear a difference between any 2 cables, be it speaker, IC or power. I think you're looking for someone to tell you at what price point you start to hear a difference in cables, unfortunately for you, it just doesn't work like that. A cable has zero sound, it (should) just pass a signal from A to B without adding or subtracting, but in the real world, that never happens.
In general, the higher you climb the(price) ladder, the more revealing, open + detailed they become. Does that mean expensive cables guarantee great sound? Nope, they just give you more insight into what your system can and can NOT do. Its all about balance, does your system justify a more revealing, detailed cable? or will it just start to show your systems weaknesses?

In all honesty, if you can't go higher than 100$, you're committed to 2nd hand cables, and then you would still need a miracle to find anything half decent, but thats the fun of building a audio system, there are no short cuts, its a long road of trial + error....... good luck!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.