Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Great result ...

Andy, I have the 3.6R high passed at 200 Hz. Not using the external Magnepan crossover boxes. The house curve I created was eq'ed from 20Hz to 8000Hz with cuts only, no bumps. Not sure if this answers your question.
In regards to the GR OB/subs they integrate amazingly well with the 3.6Rs as suggested by Tim (emailtim). I would urge any Magnepan owner to consider them for sure. Phase was pretty easy to match with the Rythmik phase/delay dial requiring a 90 degree setting.
Rythmik amp plate also has a single PEQ feature which I used to tame one of my room modes prior to using the FIR eqs. as a final adjustment.

I did not have a choice regarding the wall construction...but a reminder that porous cement blocks on walls have a higher absorption coefficient of sheet rock. Additionally, the picture does not show that I have a total of 20 absorbing panels in the room with the back wall totally absorbant. My R60 is 534ms.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.