I've had my MG10QR for 22 years and they still amaze me. I've done some upgrades to my system, especially the front end. The system does sound really good, however I'm starting to wonder if maybe my aging (also 22 years old) Rotel RB981 power amp may be the weakest link.
So, I'm starting to read reviews about a possible upgrade. The Sanders Magtech seems like a good one. What are some others to consider in the $4k-$6k range? Would an amp in this range be noticeably better than my trusty but decidedly budget Rotel amp? Although I'm very happy with my speakers, I have a feeling that I'll get curious about the 3.7's or maybe even 20.7's. I'd like to make sure this amp upgrade can grow with me if and when I do upgrade to these better Magnepan models.
Main system- Rotel RCD950/Topping D90, Schiit Freya+ (GE 6SN7GTB tubes), Rotel RB981, Magnepan 10QR, Martin Logan Dynamo sub
Headphone system- Little Dot MKIII, Sennhesier HD6xx & HD 580,
iFi iPhono, Technics SL1210 MK2, Denon DL103R
Edits: 07/01/20This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - amp upgrade - golgi 19:43:19 07/01/20 (6)
- RE: amp upgrade - firstname.lastname@example.org 19:28:39 07/06/20 (0)
- RE: amp upgrade - mt9894 07:18:17 07/04/20 (0)
- a ton of options - Green Lantern 05:48:12 07/04/20 (2)
- RE: a ton of options - golgi 06:20:02 07/04/20 (1)
- RE: a ton of options - Green Lantern 06:41:22 07/04/20 (0)
- RE: amp upgrade - Joe Mags 22:30:49 07/03/20 (0)