Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Dirac Live

Anybody here using Dirac with their Maggies? Does the Dirac Live room correction system help much with Magnepans in a medium size fully treated room? Or does the dipole thing screw with the programming? I have QRDs across the front wall, fiberglass absorbers everywhere else, in a room treatment setup that was originally installed for my old MMGs, now serving the present KEF LS50s well.

We are remodeling our downstairs family room, which was also a make shift HT room with a 5.1 Paradigm box speaker system. Thinking of downsizing to a simpler 2.1 system for movies. We don't need surround, just a bigger sound stage than the usual soundbar provides, but with a small footprint.

So thinking of pulling the KEF LS50s out of the 12 x 15 dedicated listening room upstairs, and using them in the new downstairs family HT system. I recently purchased a MiniDSP SHD Studio unit for them (which includes Dirac Live). It's hooked into the system, but not configured yet using the Dirac.

So if I replace the KEFs in the upstairs listening room back to Maggies (probably go with 1.7s minimum this time around) will have the option of using the MiniDSP upstairs or downstairs. A new receiver for the KEFs will most likely have it's own room correction, if needed. But the Dirac would most likely be superior, if used in that system, unless the sub integration is compromised.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Dirac Live - johnvb 05:01:30 06/24/20 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.