Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Have you tried firing them diagonally?

For a couple of years my primary listening room was nearly identical to your dimensions. I was using my Magneplanar 1.6qr speakers, so perhaps an even tougher challenge. I had very good results by orienting the room based on having a corner at my back and a corner between the speakers at the front wall. I did have some room treatment, with diffusion on the front wall via bookshelves with a variety of different shaped objects and absorption via a bass trap in the corner behind the listening chair.

As farfetched said, it's not just the size of the room... Also the similarity of wall dimensions gives problems in the bass, so moving the listening position with respect to cancellation waves becomes critical. I found fewer bass nodes (doubling or halving of the bass) when firing diagonally.

Of course if the room is multi-use, other activities might be FUBAR with this setup. But you should definitely give it a whirl sometime when you have the house to yourself for a few hours.
"Knowing what you don't know is, in a sense, omniscience"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Have you tried firing them diagonally? - CometCKO 19:27:27 06/20/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.