Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Coupling, decoupling, and damping...

sounds right.

FWIW the inmate who mentioned the brushes, had this to say:

lower friction more possible motion the reason I gave up on roller blocks back in the 80's the sound was great but they were too much fuss and still are but they still sound great. A smaller ball is better than a larger ball all you need is for the ball to sit proud of the top of our cup by a mm or two. I have been experimenting with finger nail brushes they need to have enough stiffness to only just compress and yu have the sane dissipation of horizontal vibration as well as a vertical compliance so better than a ball alone which only dissipates energy in the horizontal no vertical vibration dissipation.When set up properly I cannot tell any difference between my steel ball on steel cup or my fingernail brushes. No balls to lose nor components falling over or swaying about. I much prefer the brushes.

Over the rubber/ cork blocks and the diy rollerballs I think the brushes are best. Though 2 components have rollerballs with brushes.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Coupling, decoupling, and damping... - Dawnrazor 16:12:58 06/07/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.