Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Ah, Bose

I did buy a pair of Bose 901s back in 1981, but returned them within a month and left with a pair of AR91s - still have them, and have given them an overhaul. In those years, I also had a pair of JBL L112s that I restored about 20 years ago and gave to a friend - great speakers, but nothing like those 4367s! In the horn realm, I had a pair of Klipsch Belles that eventually 'had to go' - miss them, especially since I now have a room where I could use them. My son still has my old Klipsch Heresy IIs - completely original and still in excellent working order.

My main computer is part of my main system. I switched back to the DefTech Mythos ST-L mains yesterday. There are also Mythos ST rears, a Mythos center (the largest one, don't remember the model) and a pair of Reference subs perched on ASC sub traps (there are five more (smaller) subs in the room to complete the 'storm'). DefTech is now part of the group that bought Marantz, Denon, et al, and they've dropped the Mythos line and the Reference subs, which is a shame. I guess they've lowered their aspirations. Anyway, I have a pretty good collection of multichannel music, mostly SACD. Purists may frown, but the classical and jazz material uses the additional channels to gently transform one's listening room into a more appropriate space. Material like DSOTM was originally conceived and performed live in surround, so this actually is what the artists intended and it's impressive.

I've never had the pleasure of auditioning the Mini Mags, but I did love my MMGs as nearfield speakers - fun project base, as well. I'd love to hear those real JBLs - I bet they're fabulous! I still remember the first time I heard a pair of C50 Olympians at an uncle's house in the early 70s - could effortlessly annoy the neighbors a mile away and sounded very much like live music.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Ah, Bose - wazoo 06:43:12 05/27/20 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.