Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Or better yet...

$500 is so expensive compared to getting plywood from Lowes or Home Depot which they will cut for you into 14" pieces which can be glued and clamped together, not even needing clamps because I can leave it in the exercise room with a pair of 50 pound dumbbells on it. A circle cutter and a saber saw is easy to use for cutting out the circles and the rest of the rectangles.
But I still would like to know, if both can be made equally rigid, which is better to use with a pair of Magnepan 0.7s in a small 26 foot diameter house with the bedroom and shower room sectioned out of the remainder of my house where my sound system is. I don't use it for action movies; I have 5 channels for SACDs and I use the video for operas. For full orchestras is a subwoofer a better choice than a Magnepan DWM if at the listen position a 40 Hz tone is within 1 db of the 1000 Hz tone with a sound pressure meter corrected for A weighted?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Or better yet... - drbarney1 01:14:09 03/11/19 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.