Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Probably the only honest opinion!

Magnepan's problem is that dealers don't show the high end models like the 20.7 and 30.7. So unless you're in a couple of big cities, they're out of luck.

With the 20.7, they even offered people who were serious to fly out to the factory to hear them, but apparently few people took them up on the offer.

I don't know what the solution is. I've mentioned shows, which with fewer audio dealers are increasingly the way many of us get to hear equipment. but the acoustic conditions in shows are even worse than the acoustic conditions on tour, and they tend to attract a core group of audiophiles.
And as Wendell says, fewer people today will buy a speaker on the basis of reviews in The Absolute Sound. A lot is by word of mouth, but look at what's happening with the tour -- people are comparing them with their carefully set up Maggies at home, apparently not realizing the degree to which they're suffering from bad acoustics and other issues. Those of us who have been to shows know how hit and miss the sound is, but I'm not sure that everyone does.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.