Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 30.7's at Fairless Hills, PA - WOW

I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more. I thought it was a strange and disappointing demonstration.

As Wendell explained to me the speakers were set up to have big dispersion for a large crowd. There was a distinct hole in the center with most of the sound coming from each side. Of course, as with most planars, the sound was big and had depth and height but sounded bright to me with the Parasound amplifiers and not convincing. The bass was not particularly deep nor did it have good definition (probably a room acoustics issue).

I generally don't seriously listen to speakers walking around the room but the demo purportedly was trying to show the power response as its primary feature. I was very familiar with all the musical selections. Just didn't work for me.

I was really anxious to hear them and have been a planar fan for years but I wouldn't buy them based on this particular evening's sound. I hope and suspect that they really do sound better and would be delighted to get another crack at them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.