Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: It's probably because I am an old fart but

high end audio has its share of issues, but where the big money is is in consumer and pro audio electronics not in the high end. it is in the large companies selling convenience audio and marketing based features rather than sound quality as a guide. the costs are held down to increase margins and the products are often just a tad better than trash, so long as they work. on the other hand you can obtain some mighty good performance from some low cost products, but those are not that common.

the disregard for sound quality is ingrained with attempts to cut costs using cheap parts and components backed up by blind tests with listener test pools with no interest in sound quality or experience of live acoustic music with which to judge fidelity.

high end is a tiny business and the top flagships win interest in the rest of the range and prop up margins on the lower end of the line. but that creates a trap for the companies where they need to retain the audio bling appearance on lower priced goods. often leaves little for the parts inside.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.