Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Ears to bass

hey - thanks.....

I didn't exactly make everything look 'spiffy' in those pics... but yah you get the idea.... When I play - those overheads are out - and the floor lamp in the back of the room is on.... Gives a very rich feeling...

Last night - played Brubeck - Time Out.... Sort of a 'yowsa' moment'.... In particular the drum solo.... well actually everything about it... but- my obsession with 'how does it sound today?' really seems to be getting out of hand... haha.... Thing is - if I put a great recording on - things really sound .... great...... I do think I am getting a bit more bass and fullness to the mids.... I just don't think it is 'there there' yet....

And if anyone doubts that these break in - they do... No doubt about this.... end of discussion (kind of like what Al Gore said about Global warming.... :) ) ...... Everything so far has really tied to Dan Saltzman's review in Absolute Sound...... as he wrote about 're-writing the bass part of the review three times....' I am only 63 hours in ... and have noted an improvement.... but it just isn't there yet as I said above...

If anyone has any input on the room in regards to where they are placed within it .... as you see I have that pesky pole that I am putting in the null spot..... I could push them back to 5' from the front wall and bring my listening position up..... or try a limage type of setup.... My son is coming over this weekend -- We may get 'crazy'.... after marking off the positions.... Of course my wife will be yelling down.... 'what are you two doing down there?????' :) The lights got flipped on last night at 12:15.... 'What are you still doing up??? You need to go to sleep!' Oh boy.....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.