Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: ? New Amps R Best 4 MG's

The A21 is an excellent choice if you're on a budget, sort of the least expensive amp currently made that can properly be called high end. If you're adventurous, you can improve its performance by upping the bias, there are instructions online.

If you spend a bit more, e.g., on a Pass, you can buy more finesse.

People inevitably speak highly of the Sanders Magtech, which was designed with Maggies in mind and with its regulated power supply can deliver all the current you'll ever want and then some.

At the opposite extreme, you can even get away with an Emotiva XPA-2 if you're really strapped for cash, I compared one to the A21 and while the A21 was the better amp the XPA was quite serviceable.

Another possibility would be to bi-amp, now or in the future -- I assume you're talking about your 1-D's? They're ideal for bi-amping, with a simple first order crossover -- you could throw together a passive line level XO in an afternoon. And of course then you can use smaller amps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.