Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Here you go

Yup, it is better left for a "final" round of tweaking...not that we really do "final" as such. :)

About the hum, there may be another angle. If you are using Cable TV, it can be the cause. There's a filter for it which I used until 2 years ago and worked like charm. Then, I switched to AT&T U-verse, which used Ethernet feeds, even to the DVR, instead of coax cable and did not need it.

Well, maybe I do need it now because I have a hum to deal with again. This may have been triggered by the AT&T tech who fixed an issue by swapping out Ethernet with coax to the DVR recently. Now I can't find the darn filter anywhere to see if it will fix the new hum, unlikely as it is.

If this is the cause of the hum issue in your case, it will unfortunately not be obvious or easy to pin down. It is sneaky as hell and merely having cable TV lines in the home may cause it. If you can disconnect the whole house from the cable feed, then you may be able to tell. I could not disconnect from the street feed and so I finally bought the filter: it worked.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.