Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Here you go

I haven't even gotten to the point of worrying about that level of signal integrity! That, I tell myself, is for the refinement stage. Except that I do have dedicated power lines for the power amps. I should probably use one for the Mini DSP too, keep it away from the computers, smart lights, etc.

I actually have a hum problem here. It seems the cheapskate power company gave me 2 phases of 3 phase commercial power rather than 2 phases of 2 phase domestic power. So I only have 208V but worse than that, the two phases don't null so there are strong hum fields all over the place. I had to put ground lifters on the power amps and there's nothing practical I can do about it. (Well, I could run balanced lines but the buffer amps or transformers would do more harm to the signal than the ground lifters do.)

But the way I have things arranged I should be able to keep the audio runs physically separate from the power lines, video, and network cables.

Have to decide where the Mini DSP is going to live . . .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.