Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Here you go

I should say, the AR-11 were something else at the time. In those days, I had a love/hate relationship with the New England Sound. Then, I heard the AR-11 and things changed.

You've may have seen me talk about the Telarc 1812 LP several times along the years. In its own league, it was spectacular. I even pre-ordered pairs of woofers in preparation for what would sooner or later happen...boom they went in pieces, yeah baby! The one thing I probably never mentioned is why I kept ordering those same woofers.

The very same woofers that could take 1812 cannons on for only a few plays, were requisite for top SQ on the finer recordings. It was because of Sheffield, Mobile Fidelity, the direct-to- disc and other exceptionally well made LP recordings. Better power rated woofers could not deliver what these more accurate woofers could.

So, when you mentioned the "purity of the Sheffields" my mouth still watered with those delightful sonic flavors. So good, that I could not sacrifice them for a more powerful woofer, for more Telarc 1812 "cheap thrills".

Which - come to think of it now - is really what most of us decided by going for planars. First and foremost more of the purity, then the rest.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.