Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Progress

Wow, what an amazingly huge thread! You can bet I'll read through it but no time right now.

I'm not sure what to make of your review since you were listening to such radically different amps. No way I could use SETs with these speakers . . .

As it is, I wouldn't want to go back to the more colored A21 (well, actually, I'm listening to it now and it sounds delightful, but I know the Benchmark would sound cleaner), but I'm really unhappy about the fact that it doesn't do piano as well. Though I've heard that even the Pass doesn't do piano as well as the A21 . . . not sure why.

Another consideration is that the Benchmark acts like Class A. The A21 and Pass AB amps are low bias, but at some point they go out of Class A and you can hear it with inefficient speakers like the Maggies.

I think when I triamp I may end up with the Benchmark on the highes and a Nuprime on the mids, that would take advantage of the amazing highs on the Benchmark and use Class D where it's at its strongest.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Progress - josh358 15:16:09 07/12/17 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.