Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Nwer Quads are Made in China.. For some folks this matters.. nt

All Quads have always had good bass if working properly, set-up properly and powered properly. Nothing new about that even with the new bigger speakers. One gets a little bit more that's all.

Some will want more bass and that is the reason Quad added more panels and it does indeed give the speakers more bass. But like anything there is a price to be paid no such thing as a free lunch. And the additional bass panels do change the overall balance and in some was the change is good and in some ways the change is bad. Just the nature of things.

I find the overall balance, the correctness of the speakers to be better with the smaller models. Funny that is how Peter Walker designed the speakers. I have yet to see anyone truly improve on Walker's work he was pretty good with speakers. He experimented with larger versions of the design and rejected them. Probably because it did not make that big of an improvement in the bottom and overall the smaller one just sounds better.

Some will find the increase bass of the bigger Quads just the right thing others will still find them lacking. In the absolute sense they are lacking in the proper weight and authority in the very bottom even the big speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.