Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Here you go

They run their service department at cost, as a service to customers.

An old-fashioned way of doing business where you didn't screw the customer, and I've actually complained to Wendell that the service department prices are too low (I don't see how they could possibly cover their overhead with what they charged me for the parts for my IVA's), but it is nice.

As to hiring more people I think two things have to be considered. One is that large expensive planars don't sell. They'd have to turn into a boutique operation like most of the remaining planar manufacturers (I think Martin Logan is the only one that stills sells speakers in quantity).

The other is that in an operation of Magnepan's size, having a backup for every skilled operation would mean hiring two people instead of one! And labor is the biggest cost for just about any company. Now consider that a consumer electronics product has to sell at 4 or 5 times the cost of making it. This kind of policy would send the price of Maggies into the stratosphere and likely kill the company (as well as those of us who buy them). So they have to work with what they have, and try to find ways to minimize these problems.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.