Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Speaker cable recommendations

I purchased some pure copper bulk 12 gauge wire and the no solder MediaBridge spades from eBay and used these to bi-amp my Martin Logan Prodigies.
I was using these when I rebuilt my MG-IIIs and they sounded pretty good in my HT setup. I figured it was time to upgrade my cables. I am still bi-amping and had a pair of AudioQuest Crystal cables already that I had to slightly modify for the run to the outboard crossover. I purchased AQ Type 6 for the run from the amp to the mid/tweets and a short pair of AQ Type 8 for the jumper from the XO to bass input on the speakers. I bought both sets of these just because they were a good deal and are genuine AQ cables (I hope). Every run of these cables are solid. I am not splitting them in 2 for highs and lows.
I have to tell you that there is not much difference. The Maggies always sounded good and still do. I can also tell you I am done with wires.
Currently I am bi-amping using a Krell KAV500 5 channel amp with 100 watts per with the 5th channel going to my center speaker. I have a Krell KAV250a sitting around that I would like to try with the Maggies but that means no bi-amping and then I need something for my center channel. And more messing with wires. It never ends......... LOL
I sold the ML Prods btw.
Good Luck
Mac MC7106, Krell KAV-250a, Krell KAV-500, Maggie MG111, ADS 810 & 780, Pioneer SC-1522, Dahlquist 903, AR 1

Edits: 06/15/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Speaker cable recommendations - Skeepowder 08:03:31 06/15/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.