Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tympani ferrous parts

Having received the Tympani-IVa terminal plates from Magnepan, I removed the stock speaker wire connectors (those short little tubes with set screws, into which bare wire or banana jacks are inserted) and installed Cardas posts, which fit perfectly. While I had the stock connectors off, I took a little magnet (on one of those telescoping rods designed to pick up little parts you drop behind a work bench), and tested all the parts on the plates, and here's what I found:

The speaker connectors (those little tubes), the nuts that secure them to the plate, and the rivets securing the fuse blocks onto the plate are the ferrous parts. The non-ferrous parts are: the terminal plate, the circular clips (that are installed on the rear of the speaker cable connectors) onto which the internal wires are soldered, and the fuse blocks themselves. So, I can either solder the internal wires directly onto the Cardas binding posts, or onto the circular clips which can be installed on the rear of those posts.

The fuse block is connected to the + speaker wire connector, via a short wire with a circular clip, which is installed on the rear of the connector. That I am leaving disconnected.

Edits: 06/13/17 06/13/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Tympani ferrous parts - BDP24 19:53:53 06/13/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.