Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

GTAudioWorks

Greg Takesh makes these handmade speaker himself. Yes, he makes the drivers by hand. They have a magnetic planar bass/midrange that uses copper foil on the light mylar and therefore is said to have less mass than magneplanar and B$G Neos. The midrange is efficient and it rolls off on the top itself so there is absolutely no crossover on the bass/midrange panel. It runs from 40 hz to wherever it rolls off (not specified). Then a planar or ribbon type tweeter does the rest with apparently just a cap for the xover. From what I can gather from posts all over the net these things may be the best planars in the world.

However, Greg is a one man army and it takes him a month to make a pair. $9000 for the big one and $6000 for one with less drivers (2 of each instead of three).

There is one dealer in NY and he will show at the Captitl Audio fest in Nov. A friend of mine is thinking of getting a pair. I bet they are killer!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.