Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Magnepan announces its demo at the LA Audio Show

Just got this press release from Wendell. Sounds like fun and I wish I could be there to hear it!

Visit Magnepan's room for something different

Writing show coverage is not easy.​ ​

​For something different​, ​Magnepan​ decided on an educational ​and entertaining demonstration.

We are all familiar with very tall line-source speakers ​(such as the Infinity IRS ​). But, most audiophiles do not understand power response and the role it plays in the perception of live music (in particular, large scale acoustical events such as an orchestra or piano).

A narrow floor-to-ceiling dipole line ​source is probably the best way to achieve good power response. But, if a tall line-source sounds good, is it because it is expensive and well-designed? What role does an ideal line
source play in the perception of "live"?

We​ took our modest little .7s and stacked them. ​You definitely​ will want to hear this ​ regardless of what you are covering at the show.​

Edits: 05/17/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Magnepan announces its demo at the LA Audio Show - josh358 09:16:09 05/17/17 (30)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.