Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Tube - Solid State Mags-ML

Hi all....

So I will be having two systems in the near future.... I have Martin Logan Odysseys - which I just can't sell.... because my wife says they are 'her speakers' now.... and will be getting a pair of 20.7s for 'my speakers'.... I have created a dedicated listening room (as you are all probably aware of as I have droned on about it for quite a bit) for the Mags....

So this gets me to my question... I currently have a sunfire cinema grand signature which I use on my Logans.... The plan was to use it on the 20.7s..it doubles down @ 4ohm and it has an initial power rating of 425/8ohm load... I have heard it is an A/AB amp with a power supply that essentially moves with the signal request..... Just as background...

So - I will need another amp.... and I will wait till they get here - and I can test it out... but wondering what you do in the 2500-3K range... I have seen PrimaLuna Dialogue 7 monos for decent used prices... but don't know if they would do it with the Maggies.... I think they might for the Logans - the secondary system.... but I hesitate as I would like flexibility - and want my money to go towards the best system possible (the Maggie system).... My mind justifies things in an odd way... because I start thinking... Well, lets suppose I looked for some used Pass amps .... uhhh - that would be like a 3K discount on them.... if I chose them as my primary amps and let the sunfire sit with the logans....

Opinions are very welcome.... thanks... tim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Tube - Solid State Mags-ML - timm 09:36:09 05/10/17 (23)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.