Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Pass the wire through the terminals

1. Meaning desolder the internal wires from the terminals. Sometimes they have steel tabs - if that is the case, remove them from the wires.

2. using the original banana terminals. by connecting the wires directly to each other you are not passing the current through the magnetic terminal materials. You are reducing the magnitude of the problem down to eddy currents in the magnetic terminal materials - particularly the washers - which you can replace with non magnetic ones of the same gauge and thread. That should give you most of the benefit of replacing them with high grade posts, and also provide 2 fewer solder joints in the way..

3. The solution I am suggesting is retaining the original terminals. But using them with the wires threaded in from outside and inside into the hollow area does not allow for the banana plug on the speaker wire itself as it would not fit in the terminal, since there would be another wire inside. The narrower stripped wire would go in instead of the banana plug.

The other thing you could do if the wire is too fat to fit in the terminal's tube is to pull the internal wire out through the terminal tube and solder it to the speaker cable just outside the terminal,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.