Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tympani terminals and fuses---what to do?!

Ha! Right you are about Roger, especially if it's his amps that have been butchered. But he doesn't put the junk connectors in his ESL speakers and amps that Magnepan does. He likes and approves of Cardas binding posts, that I know, though he machines his own massive ones, but out of brass, not copper. And though he considers really expensive cables a scam, I see he is now offering his own line. I have learned that Roger has one blind spot---he doesn't understand room acoustics as well as one would expect. When the subject of bass traps came up on his now-dormant AudioCircle Forum, he expresses his bewilderment at buying subs, then sucking up bass with traps. Low bass extension is great, but room eigenmodes, resonances, and standing waves, found in all sealed reasonable-sized listening rooms, are not. Roger, baby! Have a talk with Art Noxon at ASC.

Edits: 04/28/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Tympani terminals and fuses---what to do?! - BDP24 11:28:23 04/28/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.