Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Tympani terminals and fuses---what to do?!

I'm about to set-up my pair of Tympani T-IV's, and am asking for advice concerning their speaker cable terminals and fuse holders. I am aware of the nasty ferrous parts contained there-in, and have never thought highly of banana plugs anyway. So Maggie owners/users, what's the perfectionist approach to bypassing all the junk Magnepan parts? I'll be bi-amping, if that makes any difference. I would like to keep the fuse operational, if that's possible without too much sonic penalty. If it's gotta go, I can do it---I have a nice stable amp (Music Reference RM-200 Mk.2) to run the m/t panels with. How do I get some nice copper wire cables connected to the panels without doing any permanent/non-reversible mods? If they don't work out in my smaller-than-desirable room, I wanna be able to resell 'em! I don't mind doing something like this: removing the terminal panel, disconnecting all the junk and soldering in some short leads to some nice (Cardas?) binding posts, or mounting the posts in place of the stock banana plug jacks.

If there are some threads already covering this topic, lead me to 'em! Thanks---Eric.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Tympani terminals and fuses---what to do?! - BDP24 11:11:23 04/28/17 (24)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.