Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Neolith has posted Excel Spread Sheet for magnepan speakers

Roger,

Absolutely mate.

I've had an opportunity to hear the 20.7s and 20.1s so I know what the bigger maggies are like and I can honestly attest to my personal experience being that the bass on these speakers is superior to the aforementioned ones.

I have listened to 20.7s coupled with a pair of DWMs with some highly rated amplifiers which struggled under the load and was not overly impressed.

I live 5 minutes away from the hifi shop operated by the national distributor of maggies in Australia so I have heard ALL the current maggies that are available.

I think the best way to describe the differences in the range is that as you move up so to speak the next speaker gives you a bit more of the same thing as the previous iteration.

So in other words a 20.7 and a .7 will offer you that wonderful, spatial almost atmospherice imaging that is signature to maggies but the 20.7 will give you so much more of it which is more palpable to your hearing.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Neolith has posted Excel Spread Sheet for magnepan speakers - ghost4man 16:08:56 04/27/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.