Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Neolith has posted Excel Spread Sheet for magnepan speakers

Satie,

Embarrassingly things soured at the end which resulted in the panels and the rewiring taking a different direction.

I know that the tweeter was done in wire. As to what wire I simply do not know. Its difficult because the driver itself is sealed. Magnepan advise against any attempted repairs on the T1D tweeters. They simply replace.

I know for sure it was not done in QR.

I am half tempted to pull the driver apart to see. They got it apart initially to replace the mylar on the RHS driver so I know separating can be done.

A colleague of mine is going to his friends place tomorrow who has a pair of 1Ds and will test the impedance on the drivers and report back.

Its probably fair to say that at the end of the job they just wanted to finish and get it out. Now I have this problem.

Am wondering what the overall impedance would be given the 2 ohm load on the tweeter and 8.5 ohm load on the bass panels.

I still intend upon adding the true ribbon. But this has set me back because a 3 way active system now has 2 drivers with 2 ohm loads to drive which will nose bleed most amps out there.

Currently having some really good success with a Lexicon CX-5 which seems to be really stable at the 2 ohm load.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.